Re: emacs21 config

From: Bruce Park
Subject: Re: emacs21 config
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 02:22:36 -0400

From: Glenn Morris <gmorris+news@ast.cam.ac.uk>
To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 18:14:03 +0100

"Bruce Park" wrote:

> I'm running debian(woody) with emacs21.-1.

Maybe your version uses the Motif toolkit? In which case, try:

Emacs.pane.menubar.*.borderWidth.:      0

and similarly for marginBottom, marginHeight, marginLeft, marginRight,
marginTop, marginWidth.
When we talk about the menubar, I'm referring to the bar with File, Edit, Options, etc. Is this the case here? In emacs20, I was able to change this at will. The default size for this was 0 and 0 for both the height and width of it. I can't recall what I used in my .Xdefaults file but I do remember that it worked in v20 and NOT in v21.
You could try using editres to see what the resource names for your
Emacs are. Anyone know how to tell from within Emacs which X-toolkit
it was built with?
Did you compile emacs on your own? I'm using debian pre-packaged emacs21 and I'm really not sure if I like this at all.