Re: Jump to match of regex

From: lawrence mitchell
Subject: Re: Jump to match of regex
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:56:59 +0100

Joerg Schuster wrote:

[...]

> I would like to jump from "^'" to "^'" instead of jumping from line to
> line with C-n. I know I could do a regexp-search, but I want to be
> able to edit the items without having to start a new regexp-search
> afterwards.

> How can this be done?

You could record a keyboard macro that does the regexp search
you want, something like:

C-x (         ; start recording keyboard macro
C-1 C-s       ; start a regexp isearch
^'            ; search for ^'
RET           ; come out of isearch
C-x )         ; finish recording keyboard macro

Point is now after ^'. (i.e. on the b in 'bla').

You can now call the keyboard macro with C-x e, to move to the
next occurance of ^'.
--
lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li>