Re: Creating a function to change custom-set-faces

From: Jon
Subject: Re: Creating a function to change custom-set-faces
Date: 16 Apr 2003 01:21:34 -0700

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) wrote in message
news:<yoijvfxfr5nx.fsf@helm.dd.chalmers.se>...
> j_del_strother@hotmail.com (Jon) writes:
>
> > I tried M-x custom-set-faces, which doesn't exist.
>
> The function does exist, but it is not interactive (hence M-x doesn't
> work). See C-h f custom-set-faces

Ahh...that makes more sense.
Incidentally, for other noobs like me, you can create a
custom-set-faces interactive function using something like this:

(defun green_face ()
  "Changes to a green typeset"
  (interactive)
  (custom-set-faces
   '(default((t (:background "darkgreen" blah blah blah))
   '(cursor ((t (:background "white" etc...
  )
)

Which will then allow you to do M-x custom-set-faces.

Thanks for the help,
Jon