Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?
Date: 17 Apr 2003 15:54:17 +0200

"D. D. Brierton" <darren@dzr-web.com> writes:

> I remember that a while ago GTK2 support was committed to Emacs
> CVS. Did that make it into 21.3.1,

No.  21.3 is a bugfix release.

> or is it not ready for primetime yet?

I am using it currently, but it is still the developer version with
its own sets of bugs.  None that would make Emacs less stable than
typical run-of-the-mill editors, but decidedly less than customary
for Emacs.  I manage an occasional core dump when doing heavy duty
work.

> Also, is there any way yet to get Emacs 21.3.1 to use anti-aliased
> fonts that the recent versions of XFree86 allow for?

Not even the developer version renders its main text area fonts via
GTK unless I am mistaken, so I guess the answer is no.  The title bar,
menu bar and the menus themselves, however, _do_ appear antialiased to
my eye.