Re: INFOPATH and emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: INFOPATH and emacs
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:22:54 -0600

Jeremy Gray wrote:

That means that info readers will only look in /home/ritesh/info for
info files.

No.  Ritesh wrote:
> > i've also set INFOPATH:$HOME/info/: in my .bash_profile...the trailing
> > ':' appends the complied in path so that my files are prepended to the
> > already present files. info program is working fine, that is it displays
> > the entire info tree beginning with my files as expected.

So there is a discrepancy between the command line info program and Emacs'

M-x info command in how an empty INFOPATH component is interpreted.  I think
Emacs should emulate info as closely as possible; if the OP agrees, he should
use M-x report-emacs-bug to submit a bug report.