Re: INFOPATH and emacs

From: David Masterson
Subject: Re: INFOPATH and emacs
Date: 17 Apr 2003 11:55:19 -0700

> sood@tenet.res.in (Ritesh) writes:

>> i've also set INFOPATH:$HOME/info/: in my .bash_profile...the
>> trailing ':' appends the complied in path so that my files are
>> prepended to the already present files.

> Nifty feature.  I didn't know that info did this.

> Maybe the best bet is this:

> (require 'info)
> (add-to-list 'Info-directory-list (expand-file-name "~/info/"))

> I haven't tested it.  It's a hack.

And still a problem because Info would preset the list based upon
INFOPATH and, thus, be messed up even before it gets to the
add-to-list.  What you're thinking means that you have to have two
INFOPATH settings -- one for 'info' and one for 'emacs'.

--
David Masterson                David DOT Masterson AT synopsys DOT com
Sr. R&D Engineer               Synopsys, Inc.