Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: Re: GTK2 support in Emacs 21.3.1?
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 04:02:10 +0100

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003 10:55:47 +0900, Miles Bader wrote:

> While current GTK2/FT2 font anti-aliasing looks great for typical
> variable-width fonts, places where it gets used for fixed-width fonts
> (e.g., gnome-terminal) look notably worse to me than versions using
> non-anti-aliased fonts.

Well, this is probably just horses for courses, but on my Dell i8200
laptop with 1600x1200 ultra-sharp display Luxi Mono and Andale Mone both
look *fanatstic* anti-aliased. I'm curious to see how the new Bitstream
Vera fonts that were released officially today (or was it yesterday?) look
with the new freetype and fontconfig which supposedly have improved
hinting that will make Vera look even better.

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com