Re: New Emacs with GTK!

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: New Emacs with GTK!
Date: 18 Apr 2003 10:43:33 -0400

> To separate a program into different layers is a paradigm of modern software
> development.

I.e. you're just saying that Emacs's code should be modularized, right?
In that case, I'd be interested to know which parts of the GTK and tty
code you'd like to see better modularized.
It is obvious that there is a lot of code-duplication (i.e. nightmare for
maintenance) between X11/w32/carbon.  OTOH I didn't know that there was
such a problem with the tty code, but I admittedly don't know that code
very well at all.

        Stefan