Re: How can I do these in Emacs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: How can I do these in Emacs?
Date: 19 Apr 2003 17:40:52 -0400

>> You might also want to try M-x viper-mode RET.  It's supposed to be
>> pretty good.
> That's like enjoying the Far East cuisine by booking a ticket to Hong
> Kong and arranging for visiting all available MacDonalds restaurants
> during the stay.

[ I had started writing the paragraph below and then figured it wasn't
  worth the trouble.  Oh well! ]

AFAIK viper-mode is not just "A pill to make Emacs acceptable to those who
like VI".  I know several hardcore Emacs users who swear by viper-mode.
Some of them had never even used vi before.

        Stefan "who doesn't use viper-mode"