Re: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords

From: Phillip Lord
Subject: Re: [Newbie] Colorizing keywords
Date: 23 Apr 2003 18:54:54 +0100

  Robert> Hello all,

  Robert> Is there a way to define the colors that are used for
  Robert> keywords in a document?  For example, if I am editing an
  Robert> HTML document I want the keywords colorized instead of just
  Robert> plain black and white.  I know there is an HTML mode but it
  Robert> doesn't colorize anything.  Can I change the colors to
  Robert> indicate what colors I want if there is a predefined color
  Robert> scheme for a particular mode?

  Robert> If there is a way to turn on colorization in HTML mode I
  Robert> would appreciate someone letting me know how this works.

  Robert> I am working in Cygwin and Emacs version 21.2.1.

  Robert> Thanks in advance for any time you use to help me with,

You just need to turn it on.

There is a check box in the Options menu called "Syntax Highlighting",
which should do the trick. Or you can put "(global-font-lock-mode 1)"
into your .emacs.

There is a detailed description in the FAQ (Help->Faq, then type "i"
(for index) and "syntax" and you should find it).

Cheers

Phil