Re: How to quote region into HTML tags?

From: Stefan Kamphausen
Subject: Re: How to quote region into HTML tags?
Date: 24 Apr 2003 04:26:17 -0700

Hi,

wang yin <wy@wangyin.com> wrote in message news:<phk7donpmb.fsf@wangyin.com>...
> I want to quote some text in a region into HTML tags.
>
> for example, I want to change
>
> here is some text
>
> into
>
> <H3>here is some text</H3>
>
> How can I do this with HTML mode?

Assuming that you use PSGML you can mark the region (using C-spc and
cursor keys) and then type C-c C-r (sgml-tag-region) which asks you
for the tag to use (with completion) and then puts the region in that
tag. I might be that this requires a correct DTD in your document, I
don't know.

Besides the transient mark mentioned in other postings you could also
set sgml-tag-region-if-active to t. Maybe look at info psgml ->Insert
markup where this is all described.

Best Regards
Stefan Kamphausen