Re: Exception Handling in LISP.

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: Exception Handling in LISP.
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 17:44:23 +0200

"Bruce Park" <bpark79@hotmail.com> writes:

> Last time I checked, exception handling is NOT a part of LISP.

It must have been a long time since you checked :-) The ancient Lisps of
the 60s (Lisp 1.5 etc) didn't have built-in exception handling.

But Lisp (including Emacs Lisp and Common Lisp) has had exception
handling for a long time.

The OP might want to check Kent Pitman's paper "Exceptional Situations
In Lisp" for a discussion of exception handling in Common Lisp:

<http://www.nhplace.com/kent/Papers/Exceptional-Situations-1990.html>

> Remember, LISP falls into logic programming.

It doesn't.