isearch and M-x occur questions(several)

From: Javier Oviedo
Subject: isearch and M-x occur questions(several)
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:23:21 -0400

Hello all:

I'm running emacs 21.2.1 on WindowsXP.

I have just discovered "M-x occur" and like it very much.

1.  Is there a way, or an already existing package, to combine isearch and
occur. What I like about occur is the window that lists the line number and
matching expression. Is there a way that isearch could do something similar?
I like the ability to quickly run through all matches in isearch using
isearch-forward, but would also like the option of having that window simply
show me all lines with matches.

2.  Can the occur-mode window, which lists all line with matching
expressions, display the line in the particular font-lock-face for the mode
of the file being searched? For example, if my expression happens to exist
in a C function prototype, the occur-more window would show that line with
the appropriate c-mode faces.

3.  Can occur highlight the matching expression in the occur-mode window?

I hope that my questions make sense. Thanks in advance.

--
=======
Javier