Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?

From: Karl Eichwalder
Subject: Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:02:24 +0200

Jonas Steverud <tvrud-usenet@spray.se> writes:

> So what you say is that I should wait until the next version of Emacs?
> 21.3.x (x=?) or 21.4? (I try to avoid CVS, I got enough with alpha and
> beta software as it is...

Reasonable.  If you don't have the time/mood to follow the emacs-devel
mailing list for a few days one should not go for the CVS version.

Release dates are unkown to me (and the devolpers I guess).

> (BTW, is "still" the convention of <URL:xxx> the preferred way of
> inserting URLs or should one use some other method - mostly people
> just pastes it in, i.e. xxx, but some do <xxx>. I assume the former is
> a MS Lookout habit.)

<URL:xxx> is appropriate for Gnus; using this notation you can insert
white space ad libitum.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |    _-\_<,
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home)               |   (*)/'(*)