Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?

From: Jonas Steverud
Subject: Re: Reading national characters in filenames on Mac OS X?
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 21:24:24 +0200

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:
>
>> kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>>
>>> Which problems?
>>
>> At least there are dired problems
>
> Eek, that's bad.  Those might bite the OP.

Hopefully not, I do not use dired - the completing reading of
find-file is sufficent, and I use the GUI of the Mac. :-)

But other packages might use dired...

> I recall a posting talking about a Latin-1 environment where just one
> dir was UTF-8.  But that's not the case for the OP, I gather --
> there, all file names are in UTF-8.

I have not problems with files which paths doesn't contain any
umlauts, rings, accents or similar "decorations" in the name.

--
(         http://hem.bredband.net/steverud        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )