exists a "translation-to-fwd-direction" of rms's antinews? Could *you*

From: David Combs
Subject: exists a "translation-to-fwd-direction" of rms's antinews? Could *you* make one?
Date: 28 Apr 2003 14:59:55 -0400

Newsgroups: Gnu.emacs.help
Subject: Has anyone converted antinews into a +news?  Would someone, please?

I don't know about you, but I find rms's antinews
almost impossibly difficult to mentally figure
out what the change is in the newer version.

Has someone already done a translation, eg for 21.2?

If not, *could* someone, PLEASE!

Someone, perhaps even an "official" (works with rms)
developer -- even remaining anonymous, if necessary <g>.

Why someone like that?  Because for that person doing
the transformation would be dead-easy, since all
the info needed would already be in the brain.

Whereas for someone like me, very little would already
be there, so for each antinews-item I'd have to
hunt through NEWS, and try to dope out from that
or several NEWS items just what the new feature
is and means.  An order of magnitude more
difficult, probably, and even then the result
would be missing key points.

rms will never produce a "forward" news; I've asked,
and he *really* likes his antinews.

Too bad, for it's really needed for the NON-guru
emacs-user.

Any takers?

Thanks!

David