Re: Turning off fringes

From: Jesper Harder
Subject: Re: Turning off fringes
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 23:03:01 +0200

Jesper Holmberg <jesper-h@dsv.su.se> writes:

> I was under the impression that starting with Emacs 21.3, it would be
> possible to turn off the fringes. However, now I am running version
> 21.3.2, and I can find no references to this. Have I missed something?

I'm afraid you'll have to wait for 21.4 (or whatever the next non
bugfix-only release will be called):

* Changes in Emacs 21.4

** You can now customize the use of window fringes.  To control this
for all frames, use M-x fringe-mode or the Show/Hide submenu of the
top-level Options menu, or customize the `fringe-mode' variable.  To
control this for a specific frame, use the command M-x
set-fringe-style.