Re: Problem with the signature in 21.3

From: Peter Wu
Subject: Re: Problem with the signature in 21.3
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 10:01:35 -0400

  Kai> Peter Wu <peterw@hotmail.com> writes:
  >> Installed 0.19 and the problem persists.... :(

  Kai> Very weird.  Hm.  Is there a beep or anything that might indicate
  Kai> an error message?

Still not working well with the signature.

Last time it worked but it fails this time. I don't know what's happened.

  Kai> What are the values of the variables message-signature and

message-signature's value is
(lambda nil
  (shell-command-to-string "$HOME/.signature"))

Documentation:
*String to be inserted at the end of the message buffer.
If t, the `message-signature-file' file will be inserted instead.
If a function, the result from the function will be used instead.
If a form, the result from the form will be used instead.

You can customize this variable.

Defined in `message'.

  Kai> message-signature-file?  Use C-h v to find out.

message-signature-file's value is "~/.signature"

Documentation:
*Name of file containing the text inserted at end of message buffer.
Ignored if the named file doesn't exist.
If nil, don't insert a signature.

--
'$HOME' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.