Re: File variables in tex-site.el

From: Dr. F.C.Caner
Subject: Re: File variables in tex-site.el
Date: 1 May 2003 03:00:30 -0700

"Ulrich Dirr" <ud@art-satz.de> wrote in message news:b8qko3$hsr$1@online.de...

> Just to recall: I want to invoke PDFeLaTeX and when compiling was
> successful automatically invoke 'View PDF' without any key to be
> pressed. And of course it would be a nice feature if Emacs could close
> any PDF document in Acrobat(Reader) before compiling (because Acrobat
> blocks the file) and changing to Acrobat if all above was successfully
> done. Then work/compile-cycles would be really economic and could save
> really much time especially on bigger projects when finetuning requires
> many  corrections (with recompiling), don't you think so?

I am suffering from exactly the same thing, and I think it is time to
solve this problem. I think launching the Acrobat Reader right after
using LaTeX Pdf can be done from within Emacs. However, to close the
document in the Acrobat Reader, I don't know if elisp can be used. I
think, on the other hand, a small Windows program in C++ may be
written, which Emacs can be instructed to call right before compiling
the LaTeX file using LaTeX Pdf.

Can it be coded in elisp?

FCC