Re: xfonts

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: xfonts
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 17:10:02 -0600

Ivan Danicic wrote:

Hello all, I have just obtained emacs 21.3.1. for linux suse 8.0. which has
a slight glitch. If I enter "emacs" I get a split window  which says 'cannot
load file xfonts' and it suggests running 'emacs --debug-init'. This says
(file-error "cannot open load file" xfonts) and to look in init file for
cause. What does this mean? My .emacs contains nothing about xfonts. The
emacs window is otherwise OK but I get error messages of type "cannot find
... font". If I enter "emacs -q" I get a good starting window

Then the problem is in the default.el file.  Use `M-x locate-library RET
default RET' to find out which load-path directory contains it.

but this is
presumably not quite satisfactory. Any suggestions gratefully received.

Read the "Init File" node of the Emacs manual: