Re: Problems Compiling Emacs on Windows

From: Bijan Soleymani
Subject: Re: Problems Compiling Emacs on Windows
Date: 02 May 2003 19:46:31 -0400

Bijan Soleymani <bijan@psq.com> writes:

> "Ulrich Dirr" <ud@art-satz.de> writes:
>
> > I've downloaded the latest Cygwin. For comparison I also installed
> > MinGW. Then I downloaded the cvs emacs repository.
>
> I've just compilled the CVS version of emacs on windows.

Also if anyone wants it I have a tarball of CVS emacs for windows. It
includes image support (jpg, png, tiff, xpm). It's about 22 megs as a
bzip2 file and 28 megs as a gzip file. I could always get rid of some
things (like lisp source files).

It can be downloaded from my website at:
http://www.crasseux.com/emacs/

All that's needed is to unpack it somewhere, and then run
~/emacs/bin/addpm.exe to add menu entries and whatever.

I'll try to keep it up to date, but I don't have access to windows at
home. So I guess I'll try to update it every three or four weeks.

Bijan