Re: soft wrapping and line numbers

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: soft wrapping and line numbers
Date: Sat, 03 May 2003 19:32:26 +0200

"Roodwriter@core.com" <Roodwriter@core.com> writes:

> I'm a writer so I just switched to writing in the TeX style of
> double-spacing between paragraphs using regular text mode instead of
> tabbing. Then I use the macro I described to convert it to long lines when
> I'm finished. I send out my work by e-mail so I don't want shortlines when
> I'm pasting into the e-mail program. This could result in the receiver
> getting weird line breaks.

You could try longlines.el.  It will create files with long lines.
Those can be inserted into the email without a lot of trouble, I'd
think.

However, I think that longlines.el might not be handling the empty
lines very well.  So you'd get a long line for the first paragraph,
then an empty line, then a long line for the second paragraph, and so
on.  But maybe you can live with this.

--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)