Re: installing AUCTeX with NTEmacs

From: Rajneesh Hegde
Subject: Re: installing AUCTeX with NTEmacs
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 17:42:09 -0400

> Try
> emacs --debug-init
>
> I would suspect that Emacs does not get through to the load for some
> reason.

thanks, it turned out the problem was my .emacs invoked
desktop-load-default and desktop-read before loading
tex-site, instead of doing it at the end. still not
sure why exactly it caused the problem.. should I even
have the desktop-load-default in there? (I just blindly
copied it from the emacs manual, and the help on that
function wasn't very helpful)
does emacs save desktop while quitting only if the
desktop file is already in the working directory, or if
desktop-enable is non-nil?

Rajneesh.