Re: Controlling an external device with elisp

From: Jonas Steverud
Subject: Re: Controlling an external device with elisp
Date: Sun, 04 May 2003 20:52:04 +0200

upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:

> Now this might be a strange question, but is it possible to control an
> external device, through parallel or serial port, using elisp as
> programming language?

It should be possible if the device has a text-based protocol and
supports a tcp/ip connection. Gnus, which I use right now, does that
to my ISP's newsserver.

But if you mean on a lower level, if the device is stupid, like an
thermometer or simple motor; I do not know.

Depends on the device, a bit.

--
(         http://hem.bredband.net/steverud        !     Wei Wu Wei     )
(        Meaning of U2 Lyrics, Roleplaying        !  To Do Without Do  )