Re: File variables in tex-site.el

From: Matthias Rempe
Subject: Re: File variables in tex-site.el
Date: 06 May 2003 00:30:56 +0200

    > This is just great, but I could not get it working. I am not
    > getting any error messages either. Actually, I cannot see any
    > buffer named *ddeclient* at all. When I eval
    > (acrobat-close-all-docs) in the *scratch* buffer, the function
    > returns t and Acrobat reader does nothing. Any idea what is
    > happening?

Sorry, no. However, these tests work in the *scratch* buffer:

* eval (get-buffer-create " *ddeclient*")
  This produced '#<buffer  *ddeclient*>' in the *Message*
  buffer. Since " *ddeclient*" contains a leading blank, it is not
  shown in the *Buffer List*. Try C-x b, then space, *, dde, tab
  --> this should show you the buffer.

* open a file in Acroread

* eval the (save-excursion ...) or eval (defun acrobat-close-all-docs
  ...) and then eval (acrobat-close-all-docs)
  --> Acroread should close the file.

What version of Emacs and which versions of Acrobat Reader are you
using? acrobat-close-all-dos worked for version 4 of Acrobat Reader
and works for version 5 for me.

--
Matthias