Re: Looking for a package filename expansion in a buffer (ala dabbrev)

From: Klaus Berndl
Subject: Re: Looking for a package filename expansion in a buffer (ala dabbrev)
Date: 06 May 2003 09:34:02 +0200

On 5 May 2003, bigfaceworm@hotmail.com wrote:

>  All,
>
>  I'm sure someone has written this, but my google searches have turned
>  up nothing.
>
>  I'm just looking for a package that will let me expand filenames when
>  I'm inside a buffer.
>
>     e.g.  I'd be typing /a/path/to<KEY>
>
>  and KEY would expand (or give me options) the path/filename
>
>     /a/path/to/a/unique/file
>
>  or something like that.
>
>  Just trying not to re-invent the wheel.

Not necessary...try hippie-expand (hippie-exp.el) which is part of Emacs.
See option `hippie-expand-try-functions-list'...AFAIK the default value of
this option contains already what you want (functions
`try-complete-file-name-partially' and 'try-complete-file-name')

Klaus

--
Klaus Berndl                    mailto: klaus.berndl@sdm.de
sd&m AG                         http://www.sdm.de