Re: Colors and Redhat (!crystal ball)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Colors and Redhat (!crystal ball)
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 13:35:10 +0300

> Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 12:19:22 -0600
> From: "William D. Colburn (aka Schlake)" <wcolburn+help-gnu-emacs@nmt.edu>
>
> The problem is that weird colors appear in my emacs when I run the
> command "emacs -nw -q --no-site-file" under Redhat linux.
> [long and detailed description omitted]

It sounds like on slackware, Emacs works without colors, while RedHat
has its version and/or terminal set up for text-mode colors.

One way of forcing Emacs to not use colors is to set the TERM
environment variable to some terminal that doesn't support colors.  (A
future version of Emacs will have a command-line switch to disable
color support on text-mode terminals.)