Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 12:33:40 +0100

bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk (BK) wrote:

> So, then what about an Emacs that cannot be quit by no matter what
> means no matter what flavours (other than using kill -9) ?

Does C-x C-c quit your Emacs ?

> Is that a reason to ask if it is a bug or a feature without getting
> flamed?

I find it hard to follow what you are talking about.  Could you state
which versions of Emacs you have tried, particularly in terms of their
version numbers and where you got them from ?

The instructions at http://members.shaw.ca/akochoi-emacs/ explain how
to obtain and build the official development sources.  I have
followed those instructions in the past and ended up with an
excellent Emacs for Mac OS X.