Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Is Emacs on Aqua crippleware or is it just broken?
Date: 07 May 2003 14:23:04 +0200

bk_usenet@yahoo.co.uk (BK) writes:

> Phil Stripling <phil_stripling@cieux.zzn.com> wrote ...
>
> > Personal attacks just to get attention do not
> > deserve a response.
>
> There were no personal attacks.
>
> As for not getting response to fix the problems, it is up to you. My
> offer still stands. Any help I get to make it work will be included in
> the documentation I am going to provide and the Emacs/ILISP/Lisp
> commmunity stands to benefit as other people inexperienced in these
> tools will find it easier to get past this roadblock.
>
> OTOH, if I don't get any help I won't be able to document it
> properly and it will be to the loss of the community.

Clipboard usage is documented in the Emacs manual in the section
"Clipboard" (surprise, surprise), and there is a section "MacOS",
too.  If your "documentation" is trying to keep people from reading
the provided documentation, it will do more harm than good.

> Anyway, I am not doing this for money. So, as for the documentation
> I promised on how to setup Emacs/ILISP on OSX, it will be on a "best
> effort only" basis and what "best effort" means depends to how much
> help I will get fixing the problems I described.

You might want to read the Emacs manual on the clipboard and MacOS.
While you seem to have more fun just ranting, there might be a source
of inspiration in it WRT to writing a manual about Emacs and MacOS.