Re: Help me unlock a file while in emacs on the Mac

From: Susan G. Conger
Subject: Re: Help me unlock a file while in emacs on the Mac
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 14:46:21 -0400

Andrew,

Thank you so much.  I have a couple of question.  I put these in my
.emacs file and they work except for one small problem.  The file is
really unlocked but the buffer thinks that it is still locked.  I tried
doing a C-X C-F to reread the file but it still thought it was locked.
How would I change the mac-unlock-file so that it realizes that it can
now edit the buffer and be able to save the changes back to the file.
Also, I tried to assign F7 to the mac-unlock-current-file, however I
could not figure out how to get it to except just F7 as the command key.
Here is the commands that I tried:

(global-set-key "^[[18~" 'mac-unlock-current-file)
(global-set-key "f7" 'mac-unlock-current-file)

Thanks again,
Susan

In article <m2ptmuiptm.fsf@owlbear.local>,
 Andrew Choi <akochoi_NOSPAM_@shaw.ca> wrote:

> "Susan G. Conger" <congers@yoeric.com> writes:
>
> > I need help.  I am trying to figure out the best way to unlock the file
> > I am currently editing in emacs on the Mac.  I need to have some type of
> > lisp command I believe that calls the shell and execute a command.  I
> > just don't know how to do this and it seems like it should be straight
> > forward.
>
> I assume you want to unlock files with lock flags set in the Finder.
> For read-only files, just use toggle-read-only.
>
> Define the following two functions.
>
>   (defun mac-unlock-file (fn)
>     (interactive "fUnlock file: ")
>     (call-process "/usr/bin/chflags" nil t nil "nouchg" (expand-file-name
>     fn)))
>
>   (defun mac-unlock-current-file ()
>     (interactive)
>     (mac-unlock-file (buffer-file-name)))
>
> Then you can bind mac-unlock-current-file to a key (please see the
> manual for how to do this) or just call it by typing M-x
> mac-unlock-current-file.

Susan G. Conger       Custom Windows & Macintosh Development
President                      Web Site Design & Development
YOERIC Corporation             Database Design & Development
256 Windy Ridge Road
Chapel Hill, NC  27517
Phone/Fax: (919)542-0071
email:  congers@yoeric.com     Web:  www.yoeric.com