emacs 21.2 and dvifb

From: Alessandro Di Nicola
Subject: emacs 21.2 and dvifb
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 11:15:54 GMT

Hello all,
is there a way to call dvifb (a dvi viewer for framebuffers) inside emacs?

If I use something like this in my .emacs:
(add-to-list
    'TeX-command-list
    '("dvifb" "dvifb %s.dvi" TeX-run-background t nil))

the error is:
writefb: open: f(/dev/fb0)(VESA VGA)(1024x768)m
fatal error: writefb: cannot get state of vt

It has to be an error about the pseudo terminal of emacs (it seems that
dvifb wants a real tty); how can i fix it? I tried building a script
that launches dvifb with openvt but it doesn't works ("couldnt get a
file descriptor referring to the console" is the error).

Thanks.

--
Ciao,Alessandro.
[se vuoi spedirmi un'email, togli il poeta dall'indirizzo]