customization of browse-url has no effect

From: upro
Subject: customization of browse-url has no effect
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 13:53:49 +0200

Hi!

I want to use lynx (in an emacs window) as browsewr from within emacs.

Via M-x customize I specified links as browser. In .emacs this looks
 lke this:

(custom-set-variables
'(browse-url-browser-function (quote browse-url-lynx-emacs))
)

It works fine immediately after clicking on "save changes for this
session" and "save session for future sessions", but aftre shutting
down emacs and restarting the program it stops working. When hitting
return on a link (or clicking on it) I get the error message:
"Searching for program: file or directory not found, netscape"

When I specify w3 in new frame (via gnudoit) as browsewr nothing
happens at all. (Yes, I have gnudoit installed...)

What's my error?

Thank You In Advance!

--
Michael