Re: Opt/Fn as meta? (emacs on macs)

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Opt/Fn as meta? (emacs on macs)
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 16:28:14 -0600

Sunder wrote:

The Esc key is so small and so far on my powerbook that I am ready to
try a different meta key. I want to understand how to do it, and if it
can lead to any problems (I will be using Aqua as well as X11
programs).

Remember that Esc and Meta are fundamentally different, even in a default
X11 configuration: Meta is a modifier key (like Ctrl or Alt) that is pressed
simultaneously with another key, whereas Esc is a prefix key that is pressed
before another key (in order to simulate the Meta-modified key).