Re: excuse me for the FAQ

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: excuse me for the FAQ
Date: 09 May 2003 11:01:20 +0200

"Pasquale di Gaetano" <fattimiei@yahoo.com> writes:

> I've just installed EMACS 21.3.1 under WINDOWS XP and want to change the
> mouse configuration: now the middle button acts like "paste" command, and i
> usually click on it, not on purpose, therefore I paste a text on my MS
> document even though that was not my intention.. You may understand that
> this is a problem, especially when i write source code.
> How can i disable the middle button? Not the wheel, only the button..

You know it is a frequently asked question.  So why don't you do a
Google Groups search with keywords "Emacs disable paste"?  Plenty of
information.

Personally, I'd recommend disabling the middle button with cardboard
if you have a nervous disorder like that.  Beats disabling it
manually for every application.