Re: Chinese characters support

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Chinese characters support
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:28:39 +0200

Charles Muller <acmuller@gol.com> writes:

> When it comes to working with UTF-8, I have never heard of anyone
> succeeding in displaying East Asian scripts without installing the
> TEI-Emacs add-on.

The CVS version of Emacs has utf-translate-cjk-mode which allows me
to do this:

C-x C-x /some/nonexisting/file/name RET
C-u C-\ chinese-py RET
nihao                   (enter Chinese here)
C-x RET c utf-8 RET
C-x C-s

After this, I get a UTF-8 encoded file with Chinese characters in it.

utf-translate-cjk-mode used to be called utf-translate-cjk.  I don't
know when it appeared in Emacs.  Probably it isn't in 21.3.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)