Re: Emacs can't find new info pages

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Emacs can't find new info pages
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 19:03:54 +0200

Wang Yin <wang-y01@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:

> I've copied a lot of info file into my /usr/local/info directory.
>
> I can view them with the info command, but why can't I find them in
> Emacs? What's more it seem I have two different version of info file
> for mailcrypt installed. The info program can see 3.5.8, but Emacs can
> only see 3.4.

You need to add an entry to the file /usr/local/info/dir.  If there
is no such file, copy another dir file and modify appropriately.  (Be
sure to keep the funny character ^_.)

Maybe it also helps to run install-info on the new info files.
--
file-error; Data: (Opening input file no such file or directory ~/.signature)