Re: Chinese characters support

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Chinese characters support
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:56:33 +0200

Charles Muller <acmuller@gol.com> writes:

> Kai wrote:
>
>> However, I don't use CJK myself (much), and therefore I am quite
>> ready to be proven wrong.  Is it common to have a garbled HELLO file
>> but still CJK is working right?
>
> No, it is exactly the opposite. It is common for one to be able to
> display the HELLO file without problems, but to still have
> difficulty displaying CJK in other encodings, especially UTF-8.

Well, that's good, then.  The HELLO file does exactly what I need: it
helps me to narrow down the area where people are having problems.
If HELLO displays fine, then the problem is not the fonts.

Maybe HELLO does not do what you need, but that doesn't make it
useless in general, IMVHO.
--
This line is not blank.