Re: How can I search in all my buffers?

From: John Paul Wallington
Subject: Re: How can I search in all my buffers?
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 15:14:48 +0100

Wang Yin <wang-y01@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> wrote:

> C-s can search the current buffer. But I want to search a
> string in all my opened buffers and give me a list. How can
> I do that?

> I checked ibuffer, but it seems not maintained anymore.

Get an older portable stable Ibuffer for Emacs from:
http://www.shootybangbang.com/ibuffer/ibuffer.el

Don't hestitate to send me bug reports, ideas, rants, shopping lists,
etc. about Ibuffer.  I like getting mail!

The latest and greatest Ibuffer is part of the Emacs development
sources, and has extra features like filter groups.

The multi-occur stuff has been moved into replace.el as independent
functionality in the development version of Emacs.  If you have it
try M-x multi-occur.