inspec2bibtex.el? does it work?

From: Jeff D. Hamann
Subject: inspec2bibtex.el? does it work?
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 01:07:01 -0700

I've been trying to convert some INSPEC (actually WEBSPIRS?) downloads into
bibtex format with no success with some of the awk or perl scripts and found
the inspec2bibtex.el file on ctan. I tried to compile the file and I'm not
sure if it worked. Here's a list of the output I got from within emacs.

Compiling file c:/emacs-21.1/lisp/inspec2bibtex.el at Mon May 12 09:50:17
2003
  ** reference to free variable num
  ** assignment to free variable journal-abbrev
  ** reference to free variable journal-abbrev

While compiling match-journal-entry:
  ** reference to free variable num

While compiling match-proceedings-entry:
  ** reference to free variable num
  ** reference to free variable address

While compiling match-report-entry:
  ** reference to free variable num

While compiling match-in-collection-entry:
  ** reference to free variable num

While compiling match-in-book-entry:
  ** reference to free variable num

While compiling match-INSPEC-reference-field:
  ** assignment to free variable journal-name
  ** assignment to free variable volume
  ** assignment to free variable number
  ** reference to free variable month
  ** assignment to free variable month
  ** assignment to free variable year
  ** assignment to free variable pages

While compiling match-publisher-field:
  ** assignment to free variable publisher
  ** reference to free variable num

While compiling match-editors-field:
  ** assignment to free variable editors

While compiling match-sponsor-field:
  ** assignment to free variable organization

While compiling match-conf-address&dates:
  ** assignment to free variable address
  ** assignment to free variable dates
  ** assignment to free variable month

While compiling add-annotation:
  ** reference to free variable annote
  ** assignment to free variable annote

While compiling add-note:
  ** reference to free variable note
  ** assignment to free variable note

While compiling add-entry:
  ** reference to free variable assoc-value
  ** assignment to free variable assoc-value

While compiling make-key:
  ** reference to free variable year

Does this mean it worked? When I try to load a file I saved from a search in
WEBSPIRS nothing happens. Just what does this package do and how does it
work? I can't seem to find any references on the web.

And if anyone has a good tool for converting ISI and INSPEC to bibtex,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff.