Re: boilerplate expansion module?

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: boilerplate expansion module?
Date: 15 May 2003 19:26:05 +1000

>>>>> "Ignoramus13246" == Ignoramus13246  <ignoramus13246@NOSPAM.13246.invalid>
>>>>> writes:

 Ignoramus13246> I am looking for some extension that would let me
 Ignoramus13246> insert boilerplate text. For example. Let's say that
 Ignoramus13246> I have a legal disclaimer saying "author is not
 Ignoramus13246> responsible for errors and omissions". And instead of
 Ignoramus13246> typing it, I would define boilerplate phrase "discl1"
 Ignoramus13246> to be "author is not responsible for errors and
 Ignoramus13246> omissions". Then as I type text, I would enter
 Ignoramus13246> discl1, press some key like M-M-b, and it would
 Ignoramus13246> replace discl1 with the actual phrase.

 Ignoramus13246> Any suggestions?

don't know about Xemacs, but in emacs you can achieve this with a
combination of abbrev-mode and skeletons or tempo templates. The emacs
info pages has this under the heading of auto-type I think.

Tim

--
Tim Cross