Re: Compile leim and install to existing emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Compile leim and install to existing emacs
Date: 15 May 2003 20:58:35 +0100

upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:

> Jason Rumney <jasonr@f2s.com> writes:
>
> > upro <upro@gmx.net> writes:
> >
> >> Is it possible to compile leim seperately and install into an existing
> >> emacs tree (mine is at /usr/share/emacs)?
> >
> > Yes. Normally leim is built after the rest of Emacs anyway.
> >
> The leim I got (leim-21.3.tar.gz) unpackes right into the emacs-21.3
> source tree.

Right. But once built it can be copied to another installation of
Emacs without any problems. You can also get a precompiled leim from
the /gnu/windows/emacs/ directory of ftp.gnu.org. Or if you manually
create the Makefile based on some minor editing of Makefile.in, it
is possible to build it seperately without the Emacs src.