Problem with installation of emacs...

From: Weinstein, Eric
Subject: Problem with installation of emacs...
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 16:15:38 -0700

I was installing emacs onto my Unix system and ran into this error when
running the make command.
Error code: 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `regex.o'
The makefile would try to make the regex.o file with the assembler while
running the Makefile and the user would see the following messages on the
screen.
/usr/ccs/bin/as:  "var/tmp/ccc1fR6f.s", line 944: error: unknown opcode
".subsection"
/usr/ccs/bin/as:  "var/tmp/ccc1fR6f.s", line 944: error: statement syntax
/usr/ccs/bin/as:  "var/tmp/ccc1fR6f.s", line 965 error: unknown opcode
".previous"
/usr/ccs/bin/as:  "var/tmp/ccc1fR6f.s", line 965: error: statement syntax

Is there a way to fix this error, so I can build the regex.o file ?
Also, is there a way to run the make command through a debugger?

Eric Weinstein

Eric Weinstein
System Administrator- Ventura County Star
Phone : (805) 655-1730
EWeinstein@insidevc.com