highlighting/fontification of xml tags

From: Christian Mallwitz
Subject: highlighting/fontification of xml tags
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 07:42:11 -0400

hi,

I use xml-mode to edit xml files. my problem: highlighting all tags in one color, all comments in one color and all text in one color is rather silly. I would like to define a list which color certain tags should have and put that e.g. in my .emacs file.

I had already a look at sgml-tag-face-alist in sgml-mode but couldn't figure out what to do with it. can somebody provide me with an example? or is there a more clever way to handle the situation? I could live with a fixed set of color definition for xml tag names applying to all my xml files...

I use emacs 21.2.1 on W2K and the xml-mode that comes with it (derived from sgml-mode).

thanks
christian