Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.

From: Mamouliane
Subject: Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 17:07:02 -0400

Oracle Pro*C is basically a pre-processor. It takes a source file
written in C and containing SQL statements. Hence the name embedded
SQL.
The pre-processor replaces all SQL statements by C statements &
function calls. In the end what you have is  C source code that is
then compiled and linked with Oracle libraries.
This is a very basic description of what it does but you get the idea.

Is anyone aware of such a mode available for Pro*C? I know of a SQL
mode and PL/SQL mode but can't find a mode for Pro*C or embedded
SQL/C.
Should I write such a mode? Is it very difficult? It would basically
be an extension to the available C mode. There is already modes
for SQL and PL/SQL out there so I figure I would use that too.

What do you guys think?