Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?

From: Kai Großjohann
Subject: Re: Variables For Queued Mail & News ?
Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 21:51:29 +0200

"It's me FKtPp ;)" <m_pupil@yahoo.com.cn> writes:

> Thank you for ur help,But there already a line like this:
>  '(mail-user-agent (quote gnus-user-agent))
> in my .emacs file.When I type C-x m it's Message not Mail start a *mail*
> buffer.And if I didn't M-x gnus-unplugged RET before, It always try to
> send my message(seem like I am online, But I am not indeed) via smtpmail.

Hm.  Message.  Hm.  If you add a Gcc header to your outgoing message,
will it be processed properly?

I'm guessing you might be using something else.

Also, please do C-h v mail-user-agent RET after starting a message
with C-x m -- does that show the right value?

And what does C-h k C-x m say?

> This makes me mad :-( I must set smtpmail-queue-mail to t to avoid the
> "send mail idol". But as you can see, if I am online sometime after runed
> gnus-unplugged and J j switch to plugged mode, and wants to send some
> Drafted mail, oops, It queued in smtpmail another times.
>
> This is, I open gnus-unplugged and J j and enter Draft group and D S some
> news messages posted but some personal mail queued in smtpmail :-( After
> that I have to M-x smtpmail-send-queued-mail send them :-(
>
> How to avoid this ?

I'm still hoping that you can get C-x m to work properly.  Then the
problem will be avoided.

But you can also switch to the *Group* buffer and hit m there, of
course.  That might be an acceptable workaround?

> BTW, How can I format a rigon or buffer to fit 79 columns to avoid the
> message like this:
> The message is longer than 79 characters,really send it ? blah blah

M-q formats a paragraph.

(add-hook 'text-mode-hook 'turn-on-auto-fill) will set things up so
that auto-fill is automatically active in text-like modes, including
message-mode.  Auto-fill means that you don't have to hit M-q most of
the time.
--
This line is not blank.