Re: Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.

From: Robert Pollard
Subject: Re: Looking for mode for Oracle Pro*C. AKA embedded SQL/C.
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 14:22:48 -0700

I am sorry I can't help you with your question but I believe you could help me. I have been looking for a way to define my own colorization scheme for a particular mode type. One of the ones I was needing to define was PL/SQL. You indicated there was a SQL and PL/SQL mode in Emacs. I was not aware that this existed. How can I get this mode? And, maybe you can help me understand how I can define my own mode or colorizations as well. I have bought books on Emacs (which are few and far between) but none of them talk about defining your own mode.

I have asked this list the question of how you define your own colors. After a few responses of RTFM to you can colorize text with the font-lock-mode command I gave up on getting what I was looking for. The manual describes and gives examples of adding keywords. This is not what I am looking for. I want to know how adding keywords works. It appears when you add keywords you use a type face definition like font-lock-warning-face. I don't want to use whatever font-lock-warning-face is using as a color or type definition. I want to be able to use my own colors when defining patterns. This is what I need to know.

Could/would you point me in a direction to find out how to define my own colors for specific patterns?

Could/would you point me in a direction to understanding what it would take to define my own mode?

Could/would you let me know how to use SQL or PL/SQL editing modes?

Thanks,

Robert Pollard