Re: How to increase a number under cursor?

From: Oliver Scholz
Subject: Re: How to increase a number under cursor?
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 15:34:32 +0200

Wang Yin <wang-y01@mails.tsinghua.edu.cn> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to record a macro to type flexible numbered lists.
> for example:

Are you talking about a keyboard macro?

[...]
> The only problem I meet is how to increase the number under
> the cursor?

It is not clear to me what you want here. Do you simply want a
function that deletes the number at point and inserts number + X into
the buffer again? What do you want to achieve?

If you simply want a skeleton for lists, you could use something like
this:

(defun wy-list-skel ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((num 0))