Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20

From: Marcus Frings
Subject: Re: Make emacs21 look like emacs20
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 17:37:30 +0200

* kgold@watson.ibm.com (kgold) wrote:

> Using X resources only works if you are running under X.  Using .emacs
> is generally a better solution if the .emacs is being used for Windows
> as well.

Since the original request came from a user running GNU Linux I didn't
really care about Windows Emacs. If you use a Windows Emacs or an Emacs
without X you are right of course and it is better to put the stuff into
your .emacs file.

> If you are concerned with startup performance, you might look at
> gnuserv.  Many of us keep emacs running for months at a time.

This is already on my TODO-list. :-)

Gruß,
Marcus
--
"Fight fight fight, just push it away, fight fight fight, just push until it
breaks, fight fight fight, don't cry at the pain, fight fight fight, or watch