Need help getting started with GNU Emacs/ILISP for CMUCL

From: David Steuber
Subject: Need help getting started with GNU Emacs/ILISP for CMUCL
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:36:19 GMT

I am running Debian (unstable branch) and am trying to get started
with Graham's ACL book.  If you just start up lisp and type (help),
CMUCL kindly tells you that you deserve to loose.

I just want to get into a top level inside emacs with ilisp so that I
can start learning as quickly as my feeble mind will allow.  I will
also want to be able to create .lisp text files along the way and save
my own lisp core images (or whatever) for learning.

What do I need in my .emacs file?  What else do I need?  I believe I
have all the necessary debs installed.

I am not totally helpless.  I didn't make my subject line 'HELP!'.
Please, please help me.  Graham's intro and Kent Pitman's articles (one
of his Parenthetically Speaking articles in particular) have me
convinced that I really want to learn Lisp.

I need to become one with the dev tools.

TIA

--
(describe 'describe)