Re: Make CVS default revision controller

From: marcuirl
Subject: Re: Make CVS default revision controller
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:46:02 +0200

kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) writes:

> Niels Freimann <nfreimann@firemail.de> writes:
>
>> the problem is that vc uses rcs if the directory is NOT under CVS
>> control. If there is a chance to change this "behavior" to CVS
>> please let me know.
>
> Why is this a problem?  For CVS, you have to create a repository,
> first.  Then you have to create a working directory.  Then you can
> add files from inside that working directory.
>
> So you can't add a random file to CVS anyway.

So then, let us rephrase the question:

How do you go about setting up an `empty' repository?

All I want is to put .emacs, .gnus etc under CVS now that I am more
confident using it. And do this without importing the entire ${HOME}
directory structure. A work around I have thought is to ln -s these files
to others in a config/ But that will not fix the problem when in
another directory I want to CVS just one file in that directory?

Am I being really thick or something, educate me and help the others,
please.

marcu
--
Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my
personal opinions and not those of any organisation with